Wednesday, March 7, 2012

CA

So unfortunately I have not been staying completely on track of my blogging so I'm down a couple and am going to have to write about four today so I'm not making any promises that they're going to be interesting in anyway. So last week I traveled to visit my brother Michael in California.

Number 1 misconception about California- It is not hot. It is not even warm.
Number 2- The sun does not always shine but the wind always blows.
Number 3- Everyone is not tan.
Number 4- You don't get to surf in a bikini. You have to wear a wet suit.
Number 5- That you shouldn't listen to your brother when he tells you it is 70 degrees and to not bring a coat.

Other than all that that it was really fun. So one the third or fourth day I was in California I decided to go for a run. The loop around my brother's campus is supposed to be 2.5 miles and I decide that going around it twice would give me just enough time to shower and get ready to go to mass at five with my brother's girlfriend's parents. So my mom and I set out and I'm running faster than usual since I don't want to be late so my mom can't keep up with me. She quits after one loop and I go on. Now I don't know if I just consumed in thinking or that I was staring at my feet but when I was supposed to turn I just kept running straight. Suddenly it hits me to start looking for the street that I need to turn down on. So I decide just to try one out and go down it for three blocks when I figure it's the wrong street and have to turn around and rerun the three blocks. I do this on about five different streets and every time I try a new one I'm getting farther and farther away for my brother's campus. After my feet begin to ache and my throat gets tired of gasping of air I decide just to turn completely around and redo everything I've and just go back the way I know. Now I'm sprinting because I think I'm going to make it back by five; I almost tripped a scat boarder guy. I run up my brother's steps, jump into some new clothes, and learn that my brother isn't going. Later I calculated that I almost ran all the way to the highway; I also learned that my mom toke me on a loop (the first loop) that was longer that 3 miles. All in all I easily ran over ten miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment