Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Stealing from Little Children

So I went on another trip this week also. I went up to Baltimore to visit my other brother Vito. Well this visit started off with my mom and I waking up at three am to catch our flight. After two flights, a delay, and the time wasted because my brother is late picking us up, we leave the airport for good that day. My brother and his wife, Jingwan, decide to take my mom and I to a parade (don't ask me why). We arrive at the parade and kids are everywhere, not kidding (haha did you see the word play...KIDding. Sorry I won't ever do that again.). They are in strollers, on the ground, laying in the grass, in the trees, on their parents (I saw one little boy ridding on his father's shoulders licking his dad's bald head). So when I get to the parade I don't feel out of place, I feel the competition. I have to compete with all these little cute kids for the candy they handout in the floats. But whatever I'm up for the challenge. I'm out there with the best of them, struggling to appear as innocent and big checked. That's when I realized I have a weapon they don't. Humiliation. If I looked as sad as I really felt for competing with these little babies the candy-hander-outers would feel so bad for the teenager who has to go to parades and sit with four years old to get candy. That's when the candy started rolling in. Best part of my trip.

2 comments:

  1. You. Are. Priceless! I literally laughed out loud. You and I should go to a parade in STL sometime and try and steal candy from little children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! I'm coming with you to a parade! Forget brothers. :)

    ReplyDelete