Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Let me get one thing clear, this is not a new years resolution

Oh the tiny toothpicks digging into my  muscle, or in other words, pain. I've started a new workout routine. Going to the Y everyday, I've been running 5 miles. This is not the first time I've seriously been running: last year I did several 5Ks (and actually won a few). But now I've integrated another form of exercise. On the days I don't run I do a cycling class. The first day I began biking, I almost didn't just from the fact that I need to wake up by 5:20 to get to the class. But I stick it out and go to the class. Thirty minutes into the class I consider walking out. After my second class I work so hard my muscles are sore before I leave the class. On my third biking session I can cycle in second, third, and hover position as fast as the hard core bikers can. With each class my mileage increases (now at 26 miles, which is approximately a two minute mile) and my water-bottle empties faster. Although I like running much more than biking, I am slowly becoming attached to the exercise.

1 comment:

  1. You are an exercise junkie, Mary! Seriously, I don't know if i've ever met anyone else who does so much physical activity for the fun of it except possibly Jeremy from Dorking. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete