Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sleepover

The white door stared playfully at me as I tickled its bellybutton and it giggled a high-pitched ding-dong. Swinging open, the door framed the faces of four excited girls. We tumbled up the stairs and into a secluded living room where a TV held the attention of  three reclining chairs and a beanbag, facing the plasma screen with dignity despite small amounts of dog hair sprinkled on their brown-flowered exterior. A parade of movies were strewn on the ground and a friend asked my option on a movie. Stupidly considering I was amid a huddle of girls, I admit I had never seen legally blonde. I am immediately punished for this crime for an hour and a while, watching scenes of pink followed by scenes of brighter pink, but if I knew the movies yet to come I would have rejoiced at this movie. Next movie to be inserted in the blue ray player is Mall cop (I was not happy about this). After four hours of sleep and sharing a small couch with two a hundred pound dogs, I was awaken at seven-thirty by one girl questioning another if I was asleep. Muttering nearly incoherently, I reminded them of the threat I mad last night if anyone woke me before ten I would seriously injury them. This threat however, only became less menacing when one of the hippo dogs leaped off my legs and began slobbering kisses on my nose and mouth. Needless to say... the dog was seriously injured.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha...I still remember trying to wake you up in England. For being so early in the morning you sure hit hard ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Mary, you're so adorable! Good story. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Why at sleepovers do such poor movies get played??? It's a crime that I must solve. I need a sleepover now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleepovers are misnamed. NO sleeping ever happens. Perhaps they should be awake overs.

    ReplyDelete