Sunday, September 25, 2011

Blog about Writing.

 Write about writing

I love to write sometimes and other times it is just a chore that I try to be creative with but hate the words that I force myself to write. I have only a couple times actually enjoyed what I write about and when I do it is more addicting than a good TV show premiere. I love reading good writing though, especially short stories. Steinbeck is probably if not my favorite writer. Short, crisp, and descriptive, his writing is exactly how I want to write. I have been kind of pushed at writing by I'm not really sure who. I like to write but I think people think I want to be a writer and they try to encourage me towards it. I don't know how much writing I see in my future. I have never wanted to write a book or publish any works like some kids in kindergarten swear they are going to do before they are twenty. When I was five and six when my mother would tell us all to free right all I would write was how much I hate writing. I go back and forth with the subject. Maybe I'm not infatuated with it because this semester I have had to write a paper every single week and will continue to do so until December for the English class I am taking at a College. This week I have to write a definition paper. How could I get excited about writing that. On the flip side I really do like to write. I like to describe objects and land. I've have never been too interested in describing people though. Inserting pictures in my mind with words is very exciting. Slowly as I begin to understand punctuations and structure it because easier and more enjoyable. When I get involved with a piece I'm interested in it renews my interest in writing and reminds me of how much I like it. I guess I'm even enjoying writing this blog. It's hard to say. Maybe it has been so long since I actually wrote something I want to write that I've become less interested in the topic. I just have to dive into the flow of it again and find the fun of writing again.
Mary

1 comment:

  1. Nice start, Mary. I hope you find the joy of writing again.

    ReplyDelete